Friday, July 18, 2008

It's a weekend for the movies.

Two movies I've been wanting to see open today--The Dark Knight and Mamma Mia!. (Don't make fun-I saw Mamma Mia! performed in London and it was spectacular.) Last night I was skimming Rotten Tomatoes for some movie reviews of each and I am now seriously wondering how these movie critics become critics. What a fantastic career that would be! Aside from being good, clever writers, I wonder what expertise it takes to categorize movies as masterpieces or failures (or rotten, as the case may be).

Perhaps the only job better would be a food critic...but I'd be terrible because I don't like foods like mushrooms and olives (and most cheeses) that snobby food-experts think are so flavorful.
TGIF! If you are off to the movies this weekend--enjoy! And enjoy the crowd :-) I heard at work today that Holiday Auto Theatre, a drive-in in Hamilton, Ohio, is showing The Dark Night, The Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man this weekend. How fun!

No comments: