On the Today show this morning, they featured the story of a dog who was reunited with his owners after being missing for 5 YEARS. You can read about the reunion here.
A few things struck me about this story:
1. Everyone makes fun of me for how protective I am of Fi getting loose-yet this dog got out of a FENCED IN YARD.
2. Dogs are amazingly loyal creatures. If you can listen or read that story and not get a little teary-eyed, you may just have a heart of stone.
3. Anyone with a dog should have it micro-chipped. At most it costs $35 dollars, and it ensures that if your pup's collar comes off, your dog can still be identified by any vet or shelter.
4. That story held my attention longer than the segment Matt Lauer did with Senators Joe Biden and Lindsey Graham regarding alleged "flip-flopping" of the presidential candidates. YAAAAAWWWWN. Is this a bad sign? I'm already tired of all the campaign talk. It just seems so unnecessarily dramatic and fake to me. Everyone always talks about how much they hate politicians, but I think the media and its treatment of politics, particularly the presidential campaign, is far worse.
5. I miss Fi. She is on vacation with her Aunt Katy until Saturday. *sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Microchips in dogs? That's just what George W. Bush wants us to do.
Post a Comment