Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A bit of nostalgia


Ever since Jana returned from her Michigan expedition, Fiona has ditched my bed at night for Jana's. I have no idea why. Fiona is definitely a bed-hog (and yes, that is possible at 12lbs, she is amazing at scooting her way over until she is literally in the center of the bed), but I miss her!

This morning I was getting ready for work in our downstairs bathroom and Fi was laying down watching me blow dry my hair. I noticed her turn and look up the stairs, then proceed to climb them and, I'm assuming, hop into bed with Jana for her morning snooze.

For a moment I had a flash back to when Fi and I lived with my parents in Toledo and I had to teach her how to climb stairs. She was so frightened. I had to take a treat and lure her up those stairs, while showing her how to climb with her paws. It was sooooo cute. We'd get to the top and she'd whine for me to carry her back down. She is 3 now! Time goes so fast. :-)

(Yes, I am having nostalgic feelings about my dog that some would have for their children. Deal with it.)

Also, she likes corn. I've been trying to post a picture, but I think my work network won't allow it. I'll try to post it later.

In other news, I watched my first tv poker tournament last night and though I never thought I'd be saying this, it was really fun to watch! Who wants to front me $1500 so I can get in the game? kidding....;-)

*Here is the picture! 

3 comments:

jmjana said...

a) i can vouch that she takes up the whole bed. im literally scrunched down in the bed because she takes over my pillows.

b) im not sure if we need to know how you know she likes corn :)

Steve Fuller said...

That's right, kids. Last night was date night and we sat in my apartment watching poker. Just hitch your wagon to my star and you too can have a thriving relationship with that kind of creativity.

katy said...

She always sleeps on my favorite pillow! But I do love it!!

And poker? Hmmm I prefer playing the Olympics wii game... watching poker is about as exciting as a. watching golf, b. watching billiards...