Wednesday, April 08, 2009

True Observation

I witness many insane things at my gym. But, this morning may have topped all-in terms of both weirdness and annoyingness.

My workout this morning took place in the movie room (per usual). I was on the eliptical enjoying King Kong on the big projector screen in the dark. I noticed a couple, a young guy and girl, enter the movie room (which should be silent) chit chatting away. The guy gets on the eliptical on my right and the following ensues:

Girl-Why'd you get on that machine?
Guy-It's right in the center of the room.
Girl-But now you're next to a girl other than me!
Guy-But I can see the tv good.
Girl-Well I'm going to go out to the elipticals out there (motioning outside of the movie room), want to come?
Guy-No I want to watch this movie.
Girl-Oh ok...but I will miss you. (Makes sad face) Seriously, I cannot make this stuff up.
Guy-ok.
Girl-hops on treadmill next to guy and KISSES HIM, then says I will misss you, see you in 30 minutes.

Omg. Guy looks over at me and shrugs. I just pretended to be engrossed in King Kong.

Wow.

6 comments:

katy said...

ha ha ha! I cannot believe that nor handle it either... that is hilarious!

Steve Fuller said...

Jana works out at your gym?

jmjana said...

oh. my. gosh.
friendship over

katy said...

Hilarous again!

Emily LeDuc said...

for that story alone i now understand why you left uc rec! but you are still missed, i went to sports zone yesterday... it was not the same without you!

Sarah said...

wow.. hoping maybe they are newlyweds or something. that's a little over the top!