Thursday, April 16, 2009

A recommendation




If you are a wine drinker and, like me, you love the thought of savoring a glass of delicious wine while relaxing on a deck (or balcony as the case may be) during the spring/summer, I highly suggest you pick up a bottle of vinho verde wine. It's Portuguese, not sweet, and has the slightest bit of sparkling-ness to it. Not bubbly like champagne, or even Proseco, but just enough of a kick to give it some extra delicious-ness, especially in the summer.

I was surprised (and excited!) to find that other people share my love of this wine. You can read about it here. My favorite kind of Gazela, which you can find even at IGA for around $6. See, you don't have to buy expensive wine to be a wine snob.

Go get a bottle. You will thank me later.

4 comments:

katy said...

Absolutely the best wine! Whenever I get some, I always get two bottles! Plus, the price is unbeatable :)

Lori said...

Anyplace else but IGA? By the way finally broke into the wine you gave me for Christmas, yummy!

Liz said...

Glad you liked it! I've never found it at a store like Kroger or Meijer, but you can probably find it at any wine/liquor store that has a larger variety of wines. I was very surprised IGA had it, actually.

Jamie said...

IGA is the best store in the whole world. Seriously. And not just because at IGA, I get attention.