Thursday, April 30, 2009

Just like HGTV

This summer I will be moving into a new place-which is awesome because I LOVE to move. There is nothing better.

Ok, that was a giant lie. But, I am finally going to invest in some furniture and *try* to have a grown up looking place...just in time before my 28th birthday. Ugh-the day I finally enter my "late" twenties. Sick. Anywho, I love watching design shows almost as much as I like watching the Food Network. I really like the ones where they try to do a room in under $1,000. They always have an "inspiration" room that is way $$$.

So, I've found my inspiration room for my new living room. This picture is from Pottery Barn, and the couch alone is $2,000. Yikes.

What do you think? (I won't do the wicker furniture-that belongs outside or in a sun room, but I do like the idea of a dark brown chair, maybe leather, maybe not.) I love the beach. And my new place has tons of windows and kind of a cottage-y feel. I'm thinking tans, blues, and beachy-accents will be nice. And they will remind me of vacation when I return home after a long, stressful day at work! Now the trick will be finding similar items for a fraction of the cost!


4 comments:

katy said...

I love it.... love that theme and will be jealous!

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite finds is an unfinished wood furniture store. They offer all handcrafted wood furniture (coffee tables, side tables, TV consoles) at very inexpensive prices. The only catch is that in order to keep the price low, you have to paint or stain the furniture yourself. We have 4 or 5 pieces from that store, and I love them all!

Emily LeDuc said...

i love this and i want to see the new place!! how exciting!!!

Jamie said...

one word for yah... IKEA.