Tuesday, October 28, 2008

See you next fall

It is most definitely fall time now. I actually wore a coat to work today for the first time! So-since it's Tuesday and we could all use a laugh (Friday is faaar off) AND because it's fall, I think I'll share my two favorite "fall" stories.

Keep in mind, it was hard to choose-I have so many.

1. In my senior year of college (2003), I and 3 of my closest friends, went on a cruise around the Western Caribbean. It was a fantastic vacation. If you're in the market for a cruise-go on Princess cruiselines. A-maz-ing.

Anyway, I am a bit of a workout nut. And in 2003, I was even worse-I may have had a slight working out "disorder". So, every morning, I set my alarm for 6AM and headed to the cruise boat gym. I signed up for my treadmill and at the designated time I noticed this young, attractive man running on my treadmill. Since I had rightfully signed up, I politely (read flirtatiously) let him know it was my turn. He hopped off, smiled, and I turned to hop on without realizing the treadmill was still moving-he had never turned it off. SO-I flew off the treadmill and landed on an eliptical in the row behind me. It didn't help the guy was running at 1 zillion mph.

The man on the eliptical asked "are you part of the cruise entertainment?" I didn't laugh. I got back on the treadmill, ran my 4 miles-and spent the rest of the vacation with a gigantic bloody bruise on my thigh.

2. December 1992. My parents, sister and I were all preparing to go out to a fancy dinner for New Years' Eve. I had our video camera (you know-the ones you actually put VHS tapes in) and was touring our house while everyone got ready, narrating with witty commentary. At the top of the stairs I said into the camera "And now we'll go downstairs" (I told you it was witty) and then BAM!, I tumbled down the stairs-all captured by our lovely video camera.

Then you hear me crying. Screaming more like. I went down head first! Does my family come to my rescue? Ask if I'm ok? NO. All you hear is an eruption of laughter, memorialized on tape.

Falls are great, no? I've broken my foot from slipping on a rug, had a concussion falling down basement steps on crutches, another head first fall in the middle of the main street on our campus in college, slipped on ice 100 times...not to mention the countless falls while running.

Come to think of it-it's amazing I've only broken one bone! I think I might be what you call "accident-prone." Oh well :)

Happy Fall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you do fall a lot!!! :) and the video down the stairs is hilarious....