Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Love Thy Neighbor


Yes...I vaguely recall the Bible referencing something about loving my neighbor. Today I wonder-does that literally mean I have to love the person living in the apartment above me?

What if your neighbors purchased and play all accessories for Rock Band and you can hear the drums thumping in your apartment?

What if the thumping is so loud it keeps you awake from 11PM -1AM on Sunday night and disturbs your tv-time on Monday from 6-830PM?

What if your neighbors have a dog that tried to attack yours in the hallway?

What if your neighbors, when you tell them you can hear and feel the drums thumping, respond by saying "so what?"? ("so what" is a friendlier version of how they responded to me)

I guess I'm supposed to make them cookies anyway? hmm.


This I know-Lizzy is not cut out for apartment living.

3 comments:

Michael Joseph Sharp said...

This is a great time to be a first-time-home-buyer for a multitude of reasons.

ylmurph said...

I think it says to love your enemies in there too...so you can love them from that angle...

katy said...

nice, sean! ha ha....
Another reason you should be living with me.