I was at my parent's home this past weekend in Sylvania, Ohio. I love going there. I always have a new toothbrush, a comfy bed, and all the food/wine I can eat and drink. (Toledo also has the best metroparks anywhere-but that is a post for another time...seriously, Cincinnati-your parks are not even comparable AND you charge people money to use them-ridiculous).
Anyway-on Sunday morning my sister and I went running in my parent's subdivision. There is a lake in the middle of it and we were running around the houses lining the lake-very pretty. As we passed one house, we had the following encounter with this older woman standing in her garage:
Older woman: GIRLS! GIIIIIIRLS!
Me: yes?
Older woman: Can you please run over and pick up the newspapers in my neighbor's driveway and bring them here?
Me: Sure (thinking to myself I'm either an accomplice to newspaper theft or she is watching her neighbor's house while they are out of town)
Older woman: Thank you, it's so great that you are running. I wish my granddaughter would do something physical. You are just in such great shape. How old are you? 17? (Sorry had to bold that!)
Me: Oh, wow, no, I am actually 27...but you just made my day-maybe my week even.
Older woman: Well, you don't look a day over 17-and it's because of all that running...
It's been a while since I've been carded when purchasing alcohol. My eyes are beginning to accumulate "laugh lines" or crow's feet as I refer to them. I feel like my job has caused me to age 4 years in the past 1.5 years ;)
So-older woman-you definitely made my week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment