For Halloween this year I wanted to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. I already have the red shoes and, more importantly, the adorable dog. I began my search on Ebay hoping to find a bargain. After browsing and sorting through all the "sexy Dorothy" and "slutty Dorothy" costumes on Ebay, I finally decided on one that fell somewhere between total skank and total dork. I even ordered up a size just in case it turned out to be a XXX version of Dorothy.
Well it arrived. And it was too big.
So last night my sister and I drove to Capel's costume store in Blue Ash. Yes, there were lots of costumes. Yes, there were lots of costumes for women, but I kid you not 95% of the costumes for women were slutt-i-fied. Sexy nurse. Sexy police officer. Sexy baseball player. Sexy football player. Sexy ladybug. Sexy bumblebee. Sexy Snow White...you get the idea.
For kicks, I tried on the Dorothy costume with the hopes that it wouldn't look that bad on me since I'm short. Wrong. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but Dorothy didn't have a lace up corset and thigh highs, right?
Next, I tried on the "frisky feline" (I'm serious-that was the name and yes, I was in a costume shop not another kind of shop). This one was ok. The "dress" was more like a shirt as it just hit below my hips, but I thought I could make it work by wearing workout pants NOT the fishnets recommended with the costume.
Finally, I tried on the Statute of Liberty costume. Very cute sparkly off the shoulder dress. Well the dress only went to my upper thigh and then the rest was sheer material. Not bad-but also not really what Lady Liberty looks like. I have to admit, though, I liked the crown and the torch. But, not enough to get over the amount of skin I was revealing.
I did end up with something and I only spent like $8. I definitely think the best costumes are those not purchased at a costume store. My favorite to this day was when I dressed as a Prom Queen, complete with a corsage, crown and sash. And, no, I wasn't a "sexy" prom queen; I was a classy prom queen-decked out in an old strapless Homecoming dress.
Perhaps the best part of the evening was the number of women trying on all those costumes while we were there. People really do buy them!! Shocking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yes, slutty everything is getting old!
You will look cute in your grass skirt, but please be moderate about what you wear underneath!
I'm shocked that Fuller hasn't commented yet...
shocked
me too!!! are you alive fuller?
Comment about what? I am disgusted by the Halloween trend and am thankful I have a classy girlfriend who doesn't have to dress up like a slutty nurse to get attention. She is the most gorgeous woman in the room even if she is wearing an old pair of sweat pants.
But that slutty Dorothy costume is making me feel a little like the Tin Man.
oh. my. gosh.
there you are!!!
Nicely done, professor. Nicely done.
Post a Comment