Tuesday, September 09, 2008

True Story

Tonight Jana and I went to week 1 of a 9 week bible study. After the video we broke into smaller groups. As an ice breaker, our leader (they actually call them "facilitators" but we all know they are really leaders) asked us to say our name and why we were here.

After I went, the following transpired:

Jana: Hi, I'm Jana. I'm actually roommates with Liz."

Facilitator: Oh, wow, what college do you guys go to?

Jana (and I): We're adults. We aren't in school. (But thanks for the compliment!)

Jana: We're roommates... but, I mean, we both have boyfriends and stuff. So, you know, it's not like that.

Facilitator: Oh, that's great...great you both have boyfriends.

(awkward laughter)

Seriously? I'm sure everyone assumed we were gay since we are post-college and living with someone who is not our husband. I haven't laughed that hard in a while...

3 comments:

Steve Fuller said...

Yeah, right...who are these supposed boyfriends? We all know the truth, Liz, and we all accept you and Jana as God created you.

katy said...

that must be why i kicked you out of my house

Rachel Armstrong said...

That's amazing.