Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Time warner-I don't need you...


So we have no cable tv until September 9 (that was the first available appointment the lovely monopoly Time Warner had). It's seemed so quiet in our apartment because I am so accustomed to having the television on in the background. The first few nights I read a book. In fact on Monday night I went to bed at 9:30p.m. because I didn't have the tv there to waste time watching.

Fast forward to last night when thanks to Kristen R., I was able to watch television on my computer. Hulu.com. The most amazing website ever. Ok, maybe not ever. But, it's pretty sweet. I'm tempted to skip purchasing cable and just buy a decent sized computer screen.

I was all set to watch Bones, which I've been wanting to take a look at, but then I saw One Tree Hill on there. A few years ago I sporadically watched One Tree Hill (back when I was looking to fill the void Dawson's Creek left behind), but caught it like 2 seasons in. Last night I watched the first 3 episodes!

I know, I know...I should be spending my evenings after work engaging in conversation, or reading a book, or just being alone with my thoughts. But, how can I do that when there is a website that has old episodes of Alf and Who's the Boss?!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no - don't even get me started on Time Warner....They have the absolute worst customer service unless of course you are a brand new customer switching to a bundled pack from Direct TV. It amazes me that for those customers they offer same day installation but for those of us who are not only paying a higher price but have been customers for years it takes a week to get anything done. I am seriously considering the Direct TV route because I have had enough! Hope they show up for your appointment!

katy said...

Direct TV ROCKS!!! Plus it has XM radio :)