I realized I never wrote a post about my housemates at Cornell. For one year, we shared our lives with each other. (Some of us more than others-Jana does not believe in doors). I admit I am not a good roommate. I like to be alone. I hate sharing (I realize that doesn't really make sense considering I'm a twin and have shared everything my entire life). But, the year went smoothly.
So-here goes, my roomies 2007-2008:
Rachel-Resident man-of-the-house. Ate more yogurt and cheese during the year than I have had in the last 5. Baby-sitter, dog-sitter, student, teacher, bike-rider Harry Potter devotee. My favorite Rachel moment was when the storm window came off the hinges and she was perfectly balanced on the window ledge outside and somehow managed to successfully remove the window, lower it down to Steve and come back inside the house without falling. She also makes some tasty meatballs.
Emily-Resident Nurse (for real! he he), fiance, self-named health food nut, Top Chef addict, also enjoys Little House on the Prairie! (we finally tracked down who was dvr-ing that show ;-) ). My favorite Emily moment-when Jason was in Colombia the battery in his Jeep died. We tried to get Jana's car to reach to jump, but it wouldn't quite fit. Emily suggested connecting two jumper cables together so they would reach. We didn't do that, but we still managed to melt the jumper cables and kill whatever life was left in the battery-all while leaving the Jeep nearly dangling at the end of the hill on our driveway.
Jana-resident nudist (ok, kidding, but nearly!), dislikes doors and boundaries of any sorts, giver--lends at least two pillows per night for Fi to sleep on, whirly pop-chef, sometimes a Steelers fan (sometimes a Bengals fan, sometimes a Browns fan). My favorite Jana story--Jana will clean not regularly, but impulsively. One night, around 11:30pm she decided to scrub the kitchen floor--wearing nothing but a tank top (see nudist comment above).
Jokes aside, I was very lucky to live with three very considerate, flexible women (flexible as in laid-back, not flexible like gymnasts). Particularly since I was the one with the yappy, annoying dog. All three took care of my dog like she was their own. Whether we were celebrating with a big party, or just sitting around watching an episode of Top Chef, it was a great year and I really enjoyed spending it living with these three. I learned a lot about my(selfish)self. Living with people can be hard, but these three made it fun. I will always have good memories of my first year living in Cincinnati, thanks Cornell ladies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
aw thanks lizzy b! im glad all who have access to the world wide web know about my stuff :)
Yes, the two people who read this blog know all about you...;-)
I can't wait to tell everyone I know that Liz (whom I've never met) shared a house (I've never been to) with Jana (ditto on the never met) the nudist!
Hehehe just kidding :o) Actually, they love nude people in Geneva so you'd fit right in.
Post a Comment