
So last night, my precious dog decided that I had been getting far too much sleep. She decided she would bark every time someone came into our apartment building, or anytime she could hear people walking around in our apartment, or anytime the wind blew. (ok, not really on the last one) It's hard for her because people are awake and moving around until like 2 a.m. I'm beginning to think living in an apartment was not a smart idea.
I am exhausted. I almost ordered her a bark collar last night online. I really don't want to do that, but I also enjoy my sleep! She's such a high-strung dog (so different from her owner) and every time she hears a noise, she wants to alert me to it. Eventually, I filled up a cup of water and would dump some on her when she'd bark. It seemed to work. Kinda. The following don't work at all:
-ignorning her
-grabbing her mouth shut and saying "no bark"
-forcing her to lay down
-holding her (this works until I fall asleep and she breaks free!)
I think investing in a spray bottle would be smart.
Lucky for us last night there was another dog in our apartment building. They decided that despite the walls and doors, they'd have a little conversation of their own. It reminded me of this Brian Regan joke about dogs barking at each other. I can't look up videos online at work, but it's hilarious.
Well, happy Monday. If you know how to stop a barking dog, I'd love your suggestions!
3 comments:
give her some benadryl.. she will sleep like a drunk (at least for one night!!).
never buy a bark collar for lil' fi :( i'll take her
that is hilarious minus the animated comedian
Post a Comment