Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I was critical until I tried the nuts.


My roommate Jabs has decided to "go vegan" for 4 days. Yesterday I arrived home from work to a variety of interesting aromas in our apartment as Jabs had been cooking vegan meals all day. My initial reaction--SICK. I like meat. I don't understand the concept behind "meatless meats." I've tried Tofu. While it's relatively tasteless, its texture automatically invokes my gag reflex. I definitely think we all eat too much processed food, should try to buy local meats and produce, and do not consume nearly enough veggies, but I'd never go as far as to promote vegan-ism.

So after I criticized the vegan entrees stuffed into our fridge, I noticed the roasted/seasoned mixed nuts fresh out of the oven. Delicious! I'm not sure nuts classify as "vegan" fare, but I'm guessing the seasonings were organic or some such thing. Either way-tasty!

Fiona, however disagrees. She showed her distaste for all things vegan this morning when she woke me up at 5:30a.m. by puking up a gigantic "vegan" brazil nut. Dogs aren't supposed to have nuts, they can be poisonous. I'm assuming she found this on the floor somewhere.

Thank God we have hard wood floors.

Lesson learned: Don't hate all things vegan just because they are called vegan.

1 comment:

katy said...

Umm dogs are also not to eat Robbin Egg candy during easter... lesson learned wtih puke on my comforter...