I just came across the following article which I've copied and pasted here. Please note the vacancies, and if you can fill it-LET'S BE FRIENDS! I only have 3 years til I'm 30...so yeah.
10 Friends You Need Before You are 30
1. The Style Guru Everyone needs someone who can help them figure out which dress is appropriate “black-tie optional” weddings, and whether you can get away with wearing a green sweater with a red belt. (The answer to the latter is “probably not”, unless you are a Christmas Elf.) VACANT-and definitely not me. I may have the most boring wardrobe of all time.
2. The Mr./Ms. Fix-it You bought a new bike online, but the instructions for putting it together appear to be written in a language you do not speak. It’s time to call the friend who has a knack for building things and owns all the right tools. Rachel! Man of the house is happy to provide "fix-it" services. (Of course, I generally reserve those for Steve since he is the boyfriend, but we're talking ladies only here!)
3. The Good Time Gal If you’re feeling antsy with nothing to do on a Friday night, call this friend, who is generally up for doing anything at any time. She’ll cook up plans that involve dancing on banquets or singing Madonna’s “Like A Prayer” in the time it takes you to change out of your work clothes and slap on a fresh coat of mascara. Holly and Nicole-since we actually did quite a bit of singing and dancing to "Like a Prayer" in the window seat of our college house, this only makes sense.
4. The Health Nut During the times when you suddenly decide to start working out or eating food other than take-out and delicacies from the frozen-food aisle, it’s good to have someone who reads every health and fitness magazine and loves to dispense instructions for proper squat form and pass along recipes for protein-rich meals. VACANT-I've got a lot of wannabe health nut friends (including myself). :)
5. The Ear You had a sucky day at work and hate everything in your closet. What do you do? Call the friend who will calmly listen to all of your problems and then, at the appropriate time, give you a few pearls of wisdom. Katy and Jana. These two will listen, and listen, and listen... and listen some more even when I do the exact opposite of what they advise!
7. The Culture Guru If you like the idea of going to see that new up-and-coming band perform, befriend someone who knows who’s playing and what exhibits are on display. VACANT I am usually pretty up to date on plays and art exhibits...but as for music, I know nothing.
8. The Healthcare Professional Make friends with a doctor or nurse. Then, when you wake up with ginormous swollen glands, you won’t have to wait for an appointment to get medicine to cure what ails you. Emily! She is a nurse and lives with me, enough said!
9. The Legal Adviser We all make mistakes. A need for speed can lead to you getting pulled over, and a lively party might end with a noise violation. If you have a friend who’s a lawyer, at least you won’t be alone when you have to appear in front of a judge. N/A ;) But, I can always count on my colleagues at work.
10. The Travel Buddy There are those who like to stay in the same place and find solace in their homes. And there are others who need to get out and explore the world. If you’ve caught the travel bug, find a friend who has it, too. It’s way more fun (and much safer) when you share adventures with someone else. VACANT I love to travel. I've travelled quite a few places, but still have never been to Disney World! If you're interested, maybe we can be friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Where is the "teacher friend" the one who will willingly correct unruly children who are not related to them in public? I could be this...
Jana should have 5 to herself and Katy should be 1. Katy is hip to style things and can rock them all.
What about the friend with benefits?
So typical, Fuller.
Post a Comment