Monday, September 22, 2008

Are you superstitious?

I'm not. Or, at least I'd like to believe I'm not. But then again...
In 2006, when the Steelers won their last SuperBowl, my grandma (the Steelers' fan that she is) bought me 2 t-shirts. One was an AFC Championship t-shirt and the other was a SuperBowl Champions t-shirt. I wore the AFC Champs shirt during the SuperBowl that the Steelers ultimately won.

Now, I have several Steelers' shirts, and in the seasons following the SuperBowl I'd wear any of them. I started to realize that when I wore the AFC Champs shirt, the Steelers would win. I know, I know-mere coincidence, right? WRONG.

I'm testing it this season. First two games I wore it-they won. Yesterday, I lent it to Jana because none of her Steelers' gear was clean. AND THEY LOST.

So-I'm sorry Pittsburgh. This is completely my fault. Don't blame it on the offensive line, or Ben being sacked 8 times, or on a terrible coaching call to not go for the field goal at the end of the game. It's my fault for not wearing that magical AFC Champs t-shirt. I won't make that mistake again.

4 comments:

Michael Joseph Sharp said...

In 2005, ...way back when the Bengals were kind of good, I had this superstition:

Before every game, I would have to play Madden on the Xbox, and my team (Cincinnati) would have to play the team that the Bengals wold be playing that day. If I'd win on Xbox, Cincinnati would win the game. When I would lose, Cincinnati would lose.

It worked all freaking year.

Until, I played the Steelers on Xbox, blew them away by 3 touchdowns, went down to the real game, ...and watched Palmer break is knee.

So much for that.

Annie Michael Murphy said...

I think its Jana fickle-ness...

Steve Fuller said...

Steelers suck.

Steve Fuller said...

And to answer your question...no, I'm just a little stitious.