Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mom!

There's a lot I could say about my mom--how she likes to be suntanned, drives like a maniac, how I've never actually seen her go under the water in a pool or ocean, how she will probably never actually retire from teaching, taught me never to seek comfort in food-but instead in shopping, is an amazing cook...but what I love the most about my relationship with my mother is that over the years we have become great friends. And I mean that. I can tell her things and be honest about stuff that most people wouldn't ever consider sharing with their mother. She's honest with her advice (harsh at times), and doesn't let me waste time moping. She's definitely high strung and nutty (good thing I didn't inherit that...oh wait...), but one of the most sensitive and generous people I know. A creative writer (for my 21st birthday she wrote me a poem...and she used iambic pentameter), a witty joke teller--she is always the life of the party.

So, Happy Mother's Day, mom. You really are the best! Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm for life with me (and for never screening my calls! ). Love you.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love mom too. Did you show her this?