Thursday, May 10, 2007

REALLY?!?!

My idea for an episode of The Office would go something like this:

Someone brings in leftover cake for the whole department and sets it in the break room. Everybody runs in, knocking each other over for the stale cake. People get pissed when they don't get any. Dwight blames Phyllis for taking it all. Angela makes a comment about how she's so tiny and even though she ate a huge piece of stale cake, she still wears kids clothes. Later, it is revealed Michael commissioned Dwight to stash two pieces of the stale cake in his office. Again, the employees are pissed. Michael holds a meeting to explain why, since he's the regional manager, he is entitled to two pieces of stale cake.

Here's the thing...this would NOT be that different than the way people at my work respond to food left in the coffee room. It is insane! Yesterday, we had cakes brought in for a 20th anniversary for something in the office. There was enough for everybody. This morning there was an email sent out explaining that the leftover cake would be in the coffee room. I went in there, not 3 minutes later, to fill up on coffee, and you couldn't even get in the room. It's DAY OLD CAKE, people! I don't get it. (and this is not rare, anytime there is leftover food, people go crazy).

So, now, I am annoyed I can't fill up my coffee and have seemingly solved the American obesity problem--free food gets 'em every time.

No comments: