
There is so much going on this weekend! I get kind of stressed just thinking about it--really I just get stressed thinking about how I am going to figure out where to park for the Flying Pig AND get to the start by 6:30 when I don't even really know where the start is (hence why it is mandatory for Marsha to ride with me). When I ran the NYC marathon, the worst part of it was actually getting over to Staten Island for the start. BUT--this is Cincinnati, not New York city...I'm sure I'll manage :)
And although I'm sure you've already heard this (because the 5 of you who read my blog, probably read other people's blogs that say the same thing)...there is a big party after the Flying Pig from 4PM - 9PM at 650 Riddle Road in Clifton. Should be a fantastic time--lots of food, drinks, games, my friend Nicole, and the debut of one of my most prized possessions--my Wooster cornhole set! You would NOT want to miss out. A suggested $15 at the door gets you all this entertainment, food, drinks, and the entire $15 is being donated to Luz Y Vida, an orphanage in Bogota, Colombia (where some people will be traveling in July to donate the money and serve as well).
And although I'm sure you've already heard this (because the 5 of you who read my blog, probably read other people's blogs that say the same thing)...there is a big party after the Flying Pig from 4PM - 9PM at 650 Riddle Road in Clifton. Should be a fantastic time--lots of food, drinks, games, my friend Nicole, and the debut of one of my most prized possessions--my Wooster cornhole set! You would NOT want to miss out. A suggested $15 at the door gets you all this entertainment, food, drinks, and the entire $15 is being donated to Luz Y Vida, an orphanage in Bogota, Colombia (where some people will be traveling in July to donate the money and serve as well).
...and if you're tough enough to wake up early Sunday (and c'mon, you can sleep when you're dead!--my mother's favorite expression) come to Eggleston and Third and help cheer on the runners. What else could you possibly having going on at 6:30AM that is more important???
3 comments:
Not to worry, Liz. I have a foolproof plan on where to park and pre-race stuff. Give me a call and we can discuss if you want the 411 to ease your mind. Also, I can pick up your packet today if you fax me a copy of your driver's license photo. I'll text you to make sure you get this.
i'm just glad to know that the worst part of the nyc marathon wasn't coming back to a 5th floor walk up with no hot water. aye. i still cringe at the thought.
good luck!
It might have been a good weekend if I didn't destroy you in the marathon!
Marsha 1, Liz 0
Post a Comment