I think every Friday blog should be entitled "TGIF" from here on out. So, I've got three more days at Lexis. Craziness. I'm really excited about my new job--just ask me and I'll go on and on about it...I'm very nervous about figuring out where I am going--but that is what my three days off next week are for. Hopefully that will give me enough time to learn to navigate my way around. There's one drawback to leaving, though.
You see, I have this elevator/parking lot boyfriend. And we will probably have to break up. For nearly 5 months now we cross paths every morning, every lunch, and every evening in the parking lot (in our cars) and then in the elevator. What started as a casual nod and a "thanks" one day for stopping the elevator has transformed into eye flirting, coy smiles, and "how is your day going". Today he even blurted out a "you look really nice today." I just recently learned he works in my department and finally learned his name. (I almost didn't want to know his name, I liked the mystery better). So, maybe on my last day out of the elevator I'll just slip him my number and say "call me." And that will be our last conversation...or maybe I will always wonder what might have been :) It's amazing what you can get the guts to do when you've got nothing to lose.
***
On a completely unrelated note (hence the three asterisks), I am headed to T-Town for the weekend for Mother's Day. My Dad also has a golf outing planned--at a nice course--always good to learn humility, right? Two weekends ago, my brother taught me how to turn my right wrist over (or something) at the end of my swing--and the ball has been going much straighter, which is an excellent improvement as I usually hit it directly to the right, so maybe I can beat my mom. (a nice thing to do on Mother's Day).
Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all you moms!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Late Kudos for you in your running the Flying Pork...Good for you!
Oh, all relationships have their "ups and downs" so why would the elevator guy be any different?
Post a Comment