Friday, May 25, 2007

traffic sucks...but TGIF

Thoughts on traffic:

1. Paying attention to the car in front of you is imperative. If its brake lights are on, you should probably stop. The grass isn't a separate lane.
2. Turn signals are a must. Weaving in and out is dangerous and annoying as crap.
3. Don't yell profanity out of your window. It won't make the traffic any better. Might as well just sit and enjoy it.
4. Ignore the traffic report. It's never good news.
5. It takes about 45 solid minutes to get from downtown to 275. That's fun.
6. Texting in traffic is dangerous. Real dangerous.
7. I don't get why they waste the info board by posting something like "smog alert" rather than "it will take you an eternity to get to 275"
8. The arch in my right foot is sore from hitting the brake and then the gas all week
9. I nearly fell asleep at the wheel this morning at Paddock because I sat there so long.
10. I am seriously considering taking up smoking to make the time pass...ok, not really, but I am starting to see the allure of it.

TGIF...two casual days in a row...love that! :-)

2 comments:

sheplaysamartin said...

if you take 74 to 275 you can cut that 'downtown to 275' time by a lot. of course, you'd have to be on 275 through the ohsofun construction. but it's an option. then there's always taking rt. 4. slow, but not 75. there's always better options than 75 in the afternoon. :)

Bragg said...

And all of those options are not good ones.

Lobby and vote for a connecting railway system between the two metropolisesessseeseiissss.

Otherwise, you're stuck in that traffic until you move here. Or see if you can arrive and leave work an hour later.