Monday, May 07, 2007

loved this weekend.

I had a fantastic day off work today. I went to bed around last night 11:30PM and did not wake up until 10! I haven't slept that hard in a while and it was great. I planted some flowers for my sister and took my dog on a 45 minute walk (she is sorely out of shape, I was practically dragging her at the end!) I also got $50 off my Verizon bill (thank God, $108 was a little steep) and arranged for some $ work to be done on my car. I also squeezed in a 45 minute nap (yep add that to the 10.5 hours of sleep) and some television. Let's just say most of these tasks proved quite difficult with the limited mobility in my legs. I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I am nuts walking down my steep driveway backwards. Oh well :-) Tomorrow a slow jog is in store, we will see how far I make it.

Speaking of great, this weekend was AWESOME: new job, Spider-man 3 (lots of up close shots of Harry's smile), my good friend Nicole visited (and ran the half marathon--WAY TO GO!), the Flying Pig marathon (complete with our own cheering squad--thanks Katy, Jana, Sarah, Sarah, Aaron, Evan, Bragg, Amy, Jason, Laura--I think I can still hear the ringing of Aaron's cowbell in my ear!), Marsha crossing the finishing line first (which I may NEVER hear the end of until next year's rematch), perfect running weather, a great time laughing, chatting, playing games (could use a little practicing on cornhole though), eating at the post-pig pig out.

Could not have asked for a better weekend. Wish me luck on figuring out how to exactly resign from the current job. That is tomorrow's task!

a side note--the girl across the street apparently is being tested on her ability to play the recorder (remember that grade school instrument?)...it's not going well...and with the nice weather the windows are open, and well, it'd be cool if she stopped playing, say, NOW!

5 comments:

jmjana said...

um, not to be whatever...
but you only heard aaron's cowbell for 1 minute compared to 200 minutes that morning.
AND you didn't have to shake a maraca for 3 hours either!
Good job running though!

Anonymous said...

thanks for planting the flowers:)

sheplaysamartin said...

i didn't know that the scream team thing involved percussion. i almost wish i hadn't slept in. :)

and as far as your neighbor goes, don't discourage her. she might be someone's worship leader one day. though hopefully she won't lead from recorder. not exactly joyful noise, i'll agree. :)

Marsha said...

Disclaimer - the only reason I crossed first (BARELY)is because there was imminent danger of my either peeing myself or throwing up, and I preferred to do that while (in the following order, from best option to a really sucky option): 1) in a real bathroom, 2) in a porta-potty, 3) standing past the finish line, 4) running in the finishers alley with spectators on either side of me. It was instinct. Liz pushed me the whole way (except the hills, where my motto is faster = done sooner). Liz is an awesome running partner. ALWAYS run with Liz.

Steve Fuller said...

My work here is done.