So about a week ago, I went to look at a condo for sale in Clifton. It's been for sale for a while, actually went through a foreclosure, and was again on the market-for a deeply discounted price. It was going for about $90K less than its appraised value. So I called a realtor, had a look, and began this endless mind-debate on whether or not to put an offer on it.
I made Steve look at it. I made Jana look at it. I reviewed my lease to see what kind of penalty would ensue for terminating it early. I think I was about 65% sure I wanted it when I discovered someone else's offer was accepted.
Then I really wanted it. 100% sure. HAD to have it-with its fancy bathrooms, gourmet kitchen and huge closets.
Steve mentioned how funny it was that only when someone else had it did I know I wanted it. Funny, indeed.
I woke up this morning glad I didn't buy a condo-particularly glad I didn't rush into a gigantic financial decision and commitment. And it confirmed that I am human-and want what other people have!
So, when I could have it-I didn't want it, but when I couldn't have it-I wanted it. Interesting.
Why do we so covet the things which are unavailable to us? Funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ah so true! I know this is truly going to be relieving stress for you... try to see it that way! We'll find something even better!
Post a Comment