Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I just love this Christmas-y time of year.

I know there are lots of you Grinches out there-I hear you complaining. Cynics who loathe the holidays and the decorating and the shopping and the music and the peppermint mochas at Starbucks. Well, I think you are crazy! What's not to love about this magical time of year?

There's something fun about standing in a line at the GAP with your future presents in hand, while humming along to "jingle bell rock" playing throughout the store. It's exciting to play "secret Santa" at work and surprise fellow co-workers with little treats. Driving home in traffic doesn't seem quite as annoying when you get the chance to witness all the pretty, twinkling lights people have strung on their homes. (I have a soft spot for those big, fat colored lights-sorry!)

Not to mention the food...Graeter's has peppermint ice cream as its seasonal flavor-YUM. Add their delicious bittersweet chocolate sauce and you have perhaps my favorite dessert. I love it all. Pretty packages, tasty cookies, parties, family, friends...it's all quite fantastic.

Steve and I are going to see A Christmas Carol at Playhouse in the Park in Mt. Adams next week...and he's even going to brave getting another real Christmas tree tomorrow after last year's bug debacle. That takes courage!

It's a season full of anticipation and excitement...

Anyway, to all you Grinches out there-get with it! It's more fun to enjoy the season that gripe at it!

2 comments:

katy said...

I agree! I love this season! And my new LED lights outside... they totally glow

Annie Michael Murphy said...

I just bought peppermint stick ice cream today...yessssssssss