There is not much worse than not being able to sleep. About two times a year I can't sleep. I LOVE sleep. I generally have no issue sleeping. But, last night when I went to bed around 10:15p.m. I just sat there and thought, and thought, and then heard my dog barking like a maniac, and thought some more.
I could NOT get to sleep. But I was exhausted. I have 84,000 things to do between now and Christmas (just like everyone else) and it just got to me last night. Plus, Fiona has taken it upon her ratty-self to turn into a newborn baby and wake me up on the hour to tell me that the wind is making the tree blow outside. I really don't know how people have little babies who wake up all night long and go to work/function during the day. That is an amazing feat. I woke up feeling like I hadn't slept ALL WHILE FIONA CURLED UP SLEEPING IN MY BED.
Lovely. I am jealous of a dog. I have reached a new low. :)
Anyway...today I will make lots of lists and that should give me enough comfort to get some sleep. My mom used to wake my sister and I up at the crack of dawn and say "you'll sleep when you're dead."
Well, I'd like to sleep right now, thank you. Instead, I will get started on this 20 oz. of coffee.
ALSO-can someone please, pretty please, suggest an umbrella that can withstand rain and wind? I have gone through 3 umbrellas this year and I really need a decent one that isn't a gigantic golf umbrella. It's the only thing on my Christmas list! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hmmmm.... not sure about the umbrella. I'm quite tired today too!
Post a Comment