Saturday, March 31, 2007

I'm Scared!

Ok, so in August I will be 26 years old. And yet, tonight I have gotten myself so worked up and scared. I am home alone for the week (nothing new) and I decided I would clean my room, change the sheets, switch out my winter wardrobe in exchange for the summer stuff, and basically get organized instead of going out.

All was well...then I started watching Dateline on TV. It was all about this abduction and murder of this woman who was home alone and other scary stuff. Now, I am too afraid to take my dog out. (ok not really)...but i definitely had to get something out of my car and sprinted back inside all the while imagining someone chasing after me!

Clearly, I have issues. And tonight, I am afraid of the dark (and whomever might be lurking therein) :-)

Now that all the lights are turned on and all the locks are secure (and my 12 pound dog is guarding the front window), I am putting in Notting Hill and hopefully falling asleep to a mindless romantic comedy :-)

2 comments:

sheplaysamartin said...

i can relate. i almost never watch csi or the myriad of law and order spinoffs anymore because i experience similar effects to what you're describing... i don't like feeling all creeped out and stuff.

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling...I have def. had those moments when Jimmy is out of town. Although- weren't you the person who told me when I was visiting you and I noticed that you left the door unlocked when I woke up to get water in the middle of the night - that if someone wanted to get you, they would find a way in, it didn't matter if the doors were locked or not??? Well, call me if you hear any strange noises...I can be there in 4 hours flat.