Friday, December 29, 2006

I Love Jane Austen

Really, I do. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite. Maybe it's because the main character is Elizabeth, and she has a fabulous name. Either way, I love the story. Elizabeth, though full of insecurities, always speaks her mind and tells it like it is. And then there's Mr. Darcy. Can a person be in love with a fictional character? If so, I might be. Initially, we think he's a wealthy, arrogant jerk; but by the end he's earned our trust and has shown himself to be sensitive, protective, and deeply caring, for lack of a better word. There are far too few Mr. Darcy's in the world...the absolute best is when he finally says to Elizabeth , “You must know - surely you must know that it was all for you... I would have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul and I love and love and love you. And never wish to be parted from you from this day forward.” I just love it...

Enjoy the clip--the movie is awesome, but read the book if you haven't...:)

(ps. this is not the clip I would pick...it's cheesey, but youtube has too many music videos people make from movies--makes it hard to find what you are looking for when there are 3000 video clips...)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitley best quote. :) See you tomorrow!

Steve Fuller said...

Seems like an arrogant jerk, but is really sensitive, protective, and deeply caring...

Story of my life. ;)

jmjana said...

that scene is the reason that movie is in my top ten.
and it pulls every heart string in my body
and it is just exciting

Annie Michael Murphy said...

I frickin love that movie

Anonymous said...

First, I'm totally straight.

Second, I really dig that scene.

Third, totally straight.