Driving back from Toledo tonight I had a realization--I am all grown up. I no longer live with my parents, I don't have a winter break, and I have a whole host of obligations I haven't had ever before. This is the first Christmas where I won't go to Pittsburgh to visit my family there in my entire life because I have to work this week. I really still feel like I am in high school. I feel like I am playing or something. I definitely don't feel like I have a real job, am a professional, etc. It's incredible how fast time passes. Does it ever seem like each year goes by faster than the one before?
Anyways, I was thinking a lot about my family's Christmas traditions and how it's kind of sad that as you get older, your traditions have to change. We open some gifts early with my brother's family because he has kids of his own and has Christmas morning at his own house. This year I have a job and can't make it to Pittsburgh, so the tradition changes. I have nothing too profound to say--I just felt nostalgic driving home:)
It's crazy how fast time goes by. I am 25 years old and I still feel 15 a lot of the time. But then, once in a while, I get a glimpse of this adult who has bills, a nutty dog, a "real" job, and 25 years of memories and I just think...wow... I guess Ferris Bueller was right when he said "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
liz! im sorry you have to work today...I will see you in like 3 days though
I hope you had so much fun at home :)
jana
hang in there lil' bear... and don't get nostalgic about pa... I don't want to go at all!!!
Post a Comment