Sunday, December 17, 2006

It really IS a Wonderful Life

I did my senior thesis on Christmas movies..(ok, seriously college was the best. ) It's a Wonderful Life by Frank Cappra is one of the best by far. I often get a case of the "I wish I had ___" or "if only I were ___" or better yet "if I were just married to or dating ___". So many times we get preoccupied with what we haven't done, where we haven't been, and how many of our dreams haven't been reached. We forget what we have, how special right now is, our experiences along the way, and the potential that remains in the future. But maybe that's just me:) I know it's pretty simple...but I think it's universal. It's so easy to get disheartened when things go wrong and life seems to hand us a mountain of struggling circumstances. It definitely stinks sometimes.

My favorite part of the movie is where George Bailey screams out "I wanna live!" in desperation ...He was able to get what I (and probably a lot of people need)-- a little perspective on what's important and realizing life can be fulfilling (and abundant) even when it's not as we planned it to be.

No comments: