
I hate being sick. When my throat starts hurting I blame it on a dry bedroom, or changing weather, or maybe a lack of water. If people tell me, "geez I think I am getting sick" I am quick to tell them, hey mind over matter, you must will yourself not to get sick (to which is usually responded with a nasty glare). And then I proceed to run to the bathroom, wash my hands for 5 minutes and try to disinfect anything that person may have touched :) hehe...(seriously, when someone sneezes or coughs around me I am apt to stick my mouth and nose under my shirt so I don't have to inhale those "sick" germs--I have issues) I loathe that icky, weak, helpless feeling that accompanies being sick.
Oh well, somehow my germs-away approach didn't work and I caught something. Now it's war with this illness. My weapons? Lots of water, longer runs (seriously it works, if you exercise when you are sick, you WILL get better faster), and zinc lozenges (cold-eeze, developed in Wooster, OH...you know it's great). No antihistamines (sp?) for me...I swear they just prolong the cold!
And this little cold-deal better be on its merry way by Sunday night...or else!
Maybe it's just bad karma since I called in sick when I wasn't exactly sick as a dog...so now I have to work AND be sick...shame on me!
1 comment:
Wow, we think exactly alike when it comes to being sick. I never take medication. Instead, I drink TONS of fluids and exercise harder than normal.
And yes, it does work.
Post a Comment