
I get lost a lot. Once, I had a job interview at this big firm in pittsburgh. I spent a half hour in a parking garage trying to find an entrance into the building. Needless to say, I didn't get the job. Today I went on this long run at this metropark and ended up completely lost in the middle of this park. Luckily I stumbled upon a map posted, but it was all worn down and unreadible. While standing there confused, this man appeared OUT OF NOWHERE with his huge dog and said (no lie) "I see you've lost your way." My first thought: this is going to end like a bad lifetime movie--I am definitely about to get attacked/kidnapped/pushed into the stream behind me. But, ok, he was nice, helped me find my car, and all was well.
I've been going to Cincinnati at least once a week for about three months. You'd think I'd have some idea of where I am going. But, no. Last night Jana and I spent 20 minutes trying to find 75...I mean, really? I need a map of Cincy and sooner rather than later. (By the way, Jana hate to ruin your xmas--but you are getting a map as well, and a justin cd:) )
I have never been good at directions. I see things by landmarks rather than streets. I get confused and turned around easily. If there weren't a compass in my car, I would be in BIG trouble. I laugh when people say "go north on x street and then west on x"--what in the world does that mean? Speak in lefts or rights please! "Turn left at the mcdonalds and right at the place where you can tan while you do laundry" (a fine establishment jana and i discovered last night).
I just don't get it, some people always seem to have a sense of where they are, and then there's me...clueless.
Oh well...I HAVE gotten to see a lot more of Cincy, among other places, than I would have if I never got lost :)
1 comment:
do you want me to get you a gps system for Christmas? You realize it will not map out your life, however. :)
Post a Comment