Wednesday, February 04, 2009

A Tip to Save Money

Don't buy shaving products.

The first time I shaved my legs, I used an old, disposable razor and peeled off a chunk of skin all the way up my shin-it bled profusely. I did it without my parent's knowledge because I figured I knew how to do it. I was wrong.

Apparently, I still don't know how to shave my legs properly. I don't use shaving cream or gel or whatever else. I just stick my leg in the water and shave away. It doesn't hurt, I don't get "razor burn", but people always seem to think that it's nuts.

So, this morning, I decided to try some shaving cream. Why not? There is a whole shaving product market out there that I've never really used, so I felt like maybe I was missing something.

Let me just say it took twice, if not three times, as long to shave my legs. What the heck? Also, the smell made me want to throw up. (You know how I am about scents.) And this was a shaving cream for women-so I should like the scent, right? It also did not shave as closely (I used a good razor with a new blade-so don't try to blame it on that!). 

No thanks. I will save my 10 bucks a year, or whatever, I don't have to spend on various "shaving" products. Water works fine for me-and I recommend you give it a try.

1 comment:

katy said...

That first paragraph made me cringe thinking about it! I never use shave cream either... for the birds