I used to write letters all the time when things were incorrect. For instance-bad service at a restaurant? I'd write a letter explaining my disappointment. I actually developed a "form" complaint letter (embarrassing!). But, I found if you're polite, most business appreciate the feedback. My best was a letter to JCrew returning a bathing suit that I wore for a week. My most recent was a letter to a local movie theater. How's this letter sound?
Please stop snowing. I understand there are people (freaks?) who enjoy being out in your powdery coldness. But, let's face it-snow is impractical. Sure it's pretty if you have nothing to do but sit by a fire and watch.
But today, I actually have stuff to do. And I need the snow to cease. You belong only between the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas. Your emergence was pretty last week-sure. But, this little snow you are bringing today is no fun at all. I'd really like to be able to drive to Springdale for my Chick-fil-A fix...er, I mean for my Beth Moore study.
Also-please send my sentiment to your friend Mr. Groundhog for seeing his shadow. 6 more weeks of winter-just what I want.
Sincerely,
A lawyer with a bad case of S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder)
2 comments:
hah! this cracked me up. I also hate winter and would like to live somewhere where it is always warm! Tropical drinks anyone?
this is great and actually much nicer (is that a word) than I would be - my letter would havr a lot of ***** in it.
Post a Comment