Thursday, August 21, 2008

Too Bad

Neither the men's nor the women's 4x100 meter relay team will be competing in the finals at the Olympics because they dropped the baton. I don't get it. It's yet another disappointment for Team USA in the Track & Field events.

Holding onto the baton just seems like something world class athletes would know how to do.

I guess just like amazing triumps (a la Michael Phelps), devastating mistakes also make these games so exciting.

And, hey, at least the beach volleyball women won gold in the pouring down rain! That was fun to watch. (*I'm glad I could find a picture of them in something other than see-through white bikinis, I would've felt a little weird posting that on my blog!)

3 comments:

Steve Fuller said...

Their bikinis were see-through? I didn't notice.

katy said...

yea right!~ the white in the rain was ridiculous!! But their skills were sweet :) How about the 2 men who were DQ'd in the 200m dash for stepping on the white line.... crazy.

Anonymous said...

I fell asleep and missed the whole match last night - I am sad :( but happy they won!