
Or something. The shirt I selected to wear today had a few wrinkles in it. So I did what any person without an iron would do and stuck it in the dryer with a wet washcloth and a dryer sheet with the hopes the wrinkles would magically disappear. The wrinkles were gone, but I am now left reeking of fake "mountain breeze".
I've never been a big fan of scents. I don't wear perfume often, if ever. I stick to my Dove soap and Curel body lotion and it works for me. That said, I loathe scented detergent. I always buy the unscented, free of dyes and perfumes detergent for this very reason. But, I was in a rush and just grabbed the first dyer sheet I saw.
Apparently I have a very sensitive nose, but I really don't understand why we want our clothes to be tainted with all these fake-smelling scents. I think now you can even have your laundry smell like fruits-mango and citrus flavored detergents are on the market. It seems crazy to me.
What's even crazier is that most women (and I suppose men) wear perfume. So not only do their clothes smell like an Ocean Mist, but now, they also smell like flowery perfume. It just seems like such an odd mix.
I will be spending the rest of this work day nauseated by the scent of my shirt. I guess if these scented detergents are so popular, maybe I am the odd one?
3 comments:
I LOVE scented detergent. I love when I have just washed my sheets and I snuggle under a "mountain breeze" Yummy!!
I don't like perfume either and I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I do, however, like the smell of very diluted fabric softener!
Thanks for writing this.
Post a Comment