Monday, August 11, 2008

Dressage?

There are so many Olympic sports I love to watch. However, there are also quite a few I don't understand. My parents get this Canadian station (I believe it's CBN or CBT or who knows) that has live coverage all day of the Olympics. At one point, I was watching some kind of equestrian event and it literally looked like a horse trotting in a circle (apparently this is called dressage). Steeplechase = cool. Horse trotting = boring.
So in 4 years, baseball will no longer be an Olympic sport because not enough countries play it. That is bogus. Here is my list of sports that should go well before baseball:

-BMX Racing (this is a new one this year)
-All equestrian events other than the steeplechase event
-Synchronized swimming
-Taekwondo
-Rhythmic gymnastics
-Judo (isn't this just Japanese wrestling?-I could be wrong here!)
-Table tennis

I don't understand why golf is not included in the Olympics. Strange.

Interestingly, when I went to wikipedia to see a comprehensive listing of Summer Olypmic events, I discovered Tug of War was an event between 1900 and 1920. BRING IT BACK!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Did you know that badmitton is an olympic sport? What the heck?!