Wednesday, August 06, 2008

27 years ago...


I was born! Ok, so was Katy. I've never had my own birthday, I've always shared it with my twin sister Katy. And that is a-ok by me. I was born exactly one minute before Katy, and I've always considered myself the wiser, mature sister. 
Since your 27th birthday only comes once, I thought I'd celebrate it with some pictures....


Katy and I on our birthday back in 1981. We were born in Vandalia, Ohio and yes, she is the one on the left sleeping. I was quite alert to make sure everyone was doing what needed to be done. Katy left the hospital 4 weeks before I did because I didn't weigh enough. Oh, how the times change!  

We went swimming at Fair Valley pool, and apparently I made a big fuss about it. Hello! Everyone knows it's child endangerment to perch your children on picnic tables for a silly picture!



We opened presents on Christmas morning, and despite the "boy" hair cuts my mom believed to be stylish, we got dolls like every other girl in America. (yes, that is dark brown carpet. I grew up in the 80s!)







We finally convinced our mom to let us grow our hair out...and wow! HOT. Nothing like a perm and some feathered bangs.





Despite all the silliness, Katy is my best friend. She has loved me with short hair, permed hair, and no hair! And I'll always be glad to share my birthday with her. 

Happy Birthday Kate!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Sisters are the best :o) Happy Bday to you both!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, Liz!!! :)
I wish you were up here in Dayton to hang out! Enjoy your day down in Cincinasti :)