Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Undeniable

7 O LORD, you deceived me, and I was deceived;
you overpowered me and prevailed.
I am ridiculed all day long;
everyone mocks me.

8 Whenever I speak, I cry out
proclaiming violence and destruction.
So the word of the LORD has brought me
insult and reproach all day long.

9 But if I say, "I will not mention him
or speak any more in his name,"
his word is in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I am weary of holding it in;
indeed, I cannot.

Jeremiah 20:7-9

This is awesome. To be in a place where even when everything is awful, and everybody is critical (in fact insulting all day long)...to feel like despite all that, I can't deny God's call, I can't be silent about what He is doing in me.

There are critics who suggest it's a cop out or it's easy to just say I am living out "God's plan." But, I think it takes a ton of courage to live up to the life God has set out for each of us and to let go of the life we think is best for us.

And I believe when we are truly seeking out the life God has created for us, we can't help but pour out God's love for us to other people. We too, are unable to hold it in, to deny it. It becomes impossible to do nothing, to say nothing, to love no one.

Fight the critics.

No comments: