On Saturday night I rented Casablanca. This is a movie that for years I have been wanting to see, but just never have. I wanted a night to myself, and I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to watch it. (Which as a tangent, I think it is absolutely insane that Blockbuster charges the same price to rent a movie from 1943 as they do to rent a new release for the same amount of time. I told the sales clerk that as well, but I don't think he cared.)
Anyway, I loved it. I finally got to hear the famous lines everybody knows, but now in their appropriate context. ("Here's lookin' at you kid." or "We'll always have Paris." or "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.") I kept thinking it'd be fun to have someone to whom you could actually say "we'll always have Paris." I mean, how romantic? Oh well.
I cried at the end (surprise, surprise). So, if you haven't seen it, rent it. It's everything the movie critics, etc. say it is.
And it's a great way to spend a Saturday night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment