Ok, I admit it...I have never read a Harry Potter book. So, I'm probably a big hypocrite, but I just don't get it! At 9 AM on Saturday morning we had a special delivery from the UPS man and it was Harry Potter! And then, my sister wouldn't start reading it until she had finished re-reading the 6th book. If one more person tells me how "amazing" Dumbledore is, I might lose it.
So, for those of us not caught up with Harry P, I have some suggestions as to what you can do to entertain yourself while everybody else is wrapped up in Harry land...
1. Watch Age of Love
2. Listen to Delilah's radio show
3. Spend time in traffic--always a BLAST
4. Read the real story of good and evil
5. Call people and have conversations that don't involve words like "muggle" and "voldemort"
6. Catch up on your TIVO! I'm too embarrassed to say my new addictions...one is on Lifetime, and the other stars Jason Priestley...mmmm
7. Go swimming! My favorite Saturday pastime.
8. Save 18.99 (or whatever the cost of that way over priced book is)...and have a nice dinner out, or a nice bottle of wine, or better yet, treat a friend to lunch
You get the point. Time for bed...meanwhile my sister will be up all night finishing the book before somebody ruins it and tells her the ending!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
really?
This is my favorite post ever in the history of ever
Is it wrong that I told one of my summer school students that if they ruined the ending, I would fail her? I wasn't kidding.
Post a Comment