Monday, November 13, 2006

Outer Banks, NC

My family has been going to the Outer Banks in North Carolina since my dad was like 8 years old EVERY summer for 2 weeks. It is the best time and a tradition I love. I try to convince everyone I know that they should vacation there, and now that it is more popular I get annoyed that there are so many people down there...go figure :) The Outer Banks to me is a place of relaxation and the site where I began developing my competitive streak during family games. Here is the routine while on vacation: Wake up early, Run, Breakfast on the screened porch, Down to the beach by 10 at the latest, lay/swim/walk/chill till 4 or 5 (yea I know I will prob have skin cancer someday), Back to the house, Family dinner, Games/Fireworks/Nighttime walks/Bike rides/mini golf. It's not a "hotels on the beach" kind of place or a place with streets lined with bars and clubs. It's cottages and awesome restaurants and sand dunes. This past summer I didn't get to go because I was studying for the bar and then had to start work. I MISSED it immensely. When my parents were up for my swearing in (or I guess that would be down since they live north--whatever) they were talking about the house they were getting and I am SO EXCITED. There is no way I will miss it this year. I was working on a Christmas present and came across some pictures from a year ago when I was there last and I CAN'T WAIT! Think of this as my ad for OBX :)













3 comments:

Annie Michael Murphy said...

Cutest kids 4 and 5 in the world? Grace and Logan.

And we need to team up our competitiveness and conquer the world.

Anonymous said...

I love the outer banks... I can't wait for theBelinakil! Yay for hot tub on the roof, and sauna on the first floor... exactly as it should be :) Haha...

Liz said...

No lie! I kind of wish I could move there right now...I'd so be in the hot tub and then I'd just get in the sauna to dry off...back to work instead...

annie, i know! my brother's fam is so cute:)