

Have you ever played those trust games? Like you get together and you have to do a trust fall or you all intertwine your arms and then have to unravel...all in the name of "teamwork" or some such thing.
I work for a big corporation. We have 9 legal "teams" and every quarter each team goes on what is called a team building day where you basically get a day off work in exchange for spending the day with your team members. Our team spent part of the day at the Air Force Museum and watching an IMAX movie (the other part was spent in team meetings which was not so fun) and it was surprisingly awesome. Even though we had to do a scavenger hunt (of course I won, did you really have to ask), I LOVED the visit. Not only do they have airplanes from Kitty Hawk through the space age, there's also tons of missles and bombs. The museum even has the B-29 that dropped the bomb on Nagasaki. There was a plane called the "strawberry bitch" with a half naked woman on it and a plane that looked like a shark. I also liked the gallery of old bomber jackets. I think everyone should go tour this museum. It's pretty sweet and a lot bigger than I thought. Apparently it's the biggest and oldest in the world!
Now, I could take or leave the IMAX movie. It was all about speed and the evolution of man made fast stuff. Basically it made me fee car sick. I don't know if you've ever been to an IMAX movie, but the point is to make you feel like you are really experiencing it. So cars whipping around race tracks and roller coasters on the big screen kind of made me nauseus. But, other than that, yesterday was so fun.
So, I recommend everybody take a trip to the Air Force museum. If you like history at all, fast stuff at all, engines at all, war memorabilia at all....you get the point--you will love it. And it sure beat trust fall-type activities :)
5 comments:
Did you see the B-17? My grandpa flew the Flying Fortress in WWII.
The Air Force Museum really is awesome.
Ya! There were lots of the superfortresses, etc. Seriously you should take griffin sometime, I bet he would love it.
The B-17 at Wright Patt is the one with the nose art of a blond pinup girl and "shoo shoo shoo Baby".
and yeah, Griff would love it. Best part, museum entrance is free!
LIZ! i forgot to ask about it!!!
i LOOOOOOOVE that you won
no wonder people are asking for you by name :)
you are going to be the pres of lexis someday
Post a Comment