The average wedding costs $27,800-not counting the honeymoon or engagement ring!? (Source: the knot)
That made me laugh (read: choke) a little while I was eating my lunch and browsing the "budget" section on the knot's website. They categorize "budget" weddings as anything less than $20,000. Ummmm, right.
Weddings are funny. Attach the word "wedding" to any service or product and all of a sudden there's a huge mark up in cost. "Wedding" cakes are way more expensive than a custom birthday cake, for example.
And, of course, wedding dresses. Fun to look at and try on, but scary to look at the price! I'm already quite anxious about going to a bridal store to try on dresses and having to tell the consultant my budget is actually not 4 (or 5) figures. (I tried going the JCrew route with my wedding dress and avoiding the bridal boutiques all together, but the dress I ordered proved to be a bit "brides gone wild" as it was completely see through. Not exactly the theme I had in mind...)
It is fun, though... :) And, there's hope-this lovely ensemble is in my price range (hat-veil included)! Yes!
4 comments:
umm please wear the cowboy hat!
Liz - my girl was amazing at European Bridal. Shannon Pryor-Barnes... not pushing on you, just giving options from a recent bride that went to what feels like 2.1 million bridal stores
yay for weddings!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment