So, I have light bulbs that go across the top of my bathroom mirror. Yesterday, one of the bulbs fell off (and miraculously landed in a cup on my counter and did not shatter!), but left the actual bulb in the socket. Does that makes sense? Like the part you screw in plus the actual fuse or light or whatever it is are still screwed in, just the glass covering fell off. So bizarre.
Anyway, I have no idea how to get that light out now without electrocuting myself. But, obviously it needs replaced. Any handymen or handywomen out there know how to fix this? I was going to take a picture, but time got away from me.
Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
turn off the power to the fixture and break out everything sticking past the part that screws into the fixture.With a potato in hand (not cooked)press against and turn it counterclockwise. The piece should back itself out. Press fairly hard while turning--hope that works
Take around 5 bucks or so, ... call up your boyfriend, FullSteve ... and tell him you'll give him the 5 bucks if he'll put one foot in the toilet, ... then put one hand in the sink (full of water), and then with his free-hand, reach up and that little fuse thing.
Oh, make sure the light is turned on.
If he actually does it, it's well worth the 5 bucks you lost last Sunday.
potato is what to do!! I had to do that in my extra bathroom... :)
ps- I didn't turn off the power... but I guess it was off because the light was off...
Post a Comment