I go into the kitchen at my work to fill up my water from the proverbial water cooler and in walks an unnamed individual who commences to hack up something nasty. I simultaneously commence holding my breath (hello H1N1!) while she tries to strike up a conversation with me, beginning with the words:
"I feel awful, just terrible. I'm really hoping this isn't H1N1, but it definitely is the flu."
Ummmm, me too. And, sorry I can't respond because I'd have to breath to do that and I am not going to inhale your flu germs. And thank you for infecting the rest of us!
So I just nodded my head and returned to my office and bathed my hands in sanitizer. I am trying not to touch my face until I can actually wash them with soap and hot water.
Maybe I'm being a tad paranoid. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you need to put up the health department's WHACK the flu poster!!
Wash your hands
Home is where you stay when you are sick
Avoid touching eyes, nose, mouth
Cover your coughs and sneezes
Keep your distance from people who are coughing and sneezing!
http://www.dhss.mo.gov/WHACK/
I'm washing my hands just because I read about your co-worker. It's a known fact that lawyers spread the swine flu. It's science.
Amen! I'd be doing the exact same thing. Yucky sick people.. stay home!
Post a Comment