Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Seriously.

This morning I learned of a new wedding trend apparently sweeping the wedding-photography-nation: "Trash the Dress" pictures. The idea is that you take a wedding picture of yourself trashing your wedding dress-be it under water, in a swamp (shudder), setting it on fire while wearing it, your choice!
So weird. But, for your amusement...some Trash the Dress photos. All were taken from google images.





I'm sorry, but what the heck. Why would you want to do that? For a weird looking picture? Did someone one day say "hmm, that was silly that I just spent $2000 on a wedding dress, why not trash it and take photos-great idea!"? I mean, don't get me wrong, people take weddings too seriously sometimes and it's great to have fun. But I think it'd be more fun just to not spend a small fortune on a dress you will wear for several hours on one day of your life.
What do you think? Maybe I am the crazy one.

2 comments:

Julie O'Dell Munroe said...

I am with you 100% on this one. No way will I be doing this. I do, however, have a dress from my first marriage that might be worthwhile to trash for the sake of pictures. Maybe I could frame one and send it to the ex.... just for fun, of course.

Sarah said...

ok, the first two kinda creep me out. the third one actually looks like it could be fun. but the wedding bondage? umm.. bizarre. and i'm one of those lame-o's that totally thinks my daugher(or my niece, in case there are no daughters) will re-wear my wedding dress. :D i know, lucky them huh?