Monday, October 26, 2009

Just like tv.

My favorite commercial as of late is the one with the terrier-looking dog who searches and searches for a place to safely keep his bone, finally getting insurance to keep it safe. I love that commercial.

My dog has always been quite the hoarder of bones. She will roam around the house with the bone in her mouth searching for that perfect spot to hide it. While she's searching, she usually whines a little, like she's all perplexed and concerned. The bone usually ends up some fantastic place-like in a basket of clean laundry, or wedged in the couch cushions.

Well, last night Fi was chewing for hours on this one bone. She carried it (unbeknownst to me) on our walk and finally up to bed. I wouldn't let her have it in the bed, so there it remained on the floor.

About 1 a.m., she grew restless in bed jumped down, and I heard her whining. I turned on the light and saw her searching for a place to hide that bone! Just like the commercial! Fi was dreaming of her bone being lost- he he. I opened my door and went back to bed. I have no idea where she hid it, but I'm sure I'll find it somewhere when I least expect it.

Funny stuff. :)

2 comments:

katy said...

I totally can see this happening! I bet you were thrilled to open up your door in the middle of the night!

Sarah said...

Funny!! Truman does the same thing. He once hid a bone inside an ice skate in our closet. :D