Friday, October 30, 2009
Happy Halloween!
I am looking forward to passing out candy and having a relaxing weekend with nothing really planned. Those are the best, right? I'm going to try really hard not to eat half of the candy that I pass out. I remember being a kid and trying to sneak candy out of the Halloween stash my parents would get for the trick-or-treaters...I always got caught!
My favorite Halloween costume growing up had to be the year I went as this space woman. I had this fantastic silver suit with a sparkly sequined belt and headband, plus glittery face powder. It was fabulous.
My least favorite Halloween costume had to be the year my mom dressed my sister and I as mimes when we were in kindergarten. I wanted to be a princess. My mom was quite the feminist...a princess costume would've gone against all that! :) My mom was in charge of the theater department where she taught school, and she just thought mimes were so cute and original. At our school Halloween Party, we had to tell everyone what our costumes were and I lied and said I was a princess. Ummmmmmmm... a princess with white face paint and black teardrops on her face. I still can't live that one down with my family.
What were your favorite/least favorite costumes growing up? Katy, I hope you share the story about the year you were a cave woman...just saying. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh I did love the caveman one... the bone nose and bone necklace... too bad the actual costume was not quite what I had in mind... "sexy" caveman at 10? ;)
I had a similar experience to your mime.. In 4th grade my mom dressed me as a flapper (1920s dancer?) and I told everyone I was an Indian :o) Mom also dressed me as a baby which consisted of an old tee shirt with mustard sprayed on it.
Thanks Mom.
My favorite all time costume is my cow costume that had realistic utters. That got passed around my high school youth group for a few halloweens!
i would please like to see a photo of the mime sisters!
I think I can beat all of you. I was dressed as a raisin one year.
Come on.. really? It looked more like a turd.
Post a Comment