Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Half Marathon

Well, it went great! I am still very sore, though, and my attempt to run this morning was very dumb. I ran for 12 minutes and my muscles felt terrible-bad idea! Hopefully the eliptical and/or stationary bike will help that lactic acid out of my muscles, I'm hobbling around like an old person. I love the 13.1 mile distance. I finished averaging a 8:45 minute/mile pace, which I was pleased with. It's long enough to feel hard, but short enough that you aren't literally crawling to the finish. I definitely anticipate many more of those races in my future.

Here we are starting off in the car. We had to wake up at 4:40 a.m.! Katy was very excited.

I look a little sleepy. And yes, I realize pink and red don't match.
Yay the starting line! More like starting bunch. There were approximately 20,000 people running the 1/2 and full marathon. It was a giant mass of people waiting to start. Took me 3 minutes just to get to the actual starting line once the gun went off! It was also very cold...32 degrees at the start!
Wow, me at the finish. So fast I just wizzed by Katy and the camera. He he.
Nothing better than a picture from behind while running. Oh wait.
I ran into a girl I ran cross-country with at Wooster at the finish line! How crazy is that?
Yay, I'm done! And really looking good. Yikes. And Fi was waiting the whole time, sporting her Bearcats' bandana and excited about that OSU loss.

6 comments:

Lori said...

I was wondering how you did. I wish I liked running but just don't. So Katy didn't run?

Liz said...

No she didn't run it. But, she was a great cheerleader!

Jamie said...

Liz! We finally agree about football!


:o)

Congrats. You are a superstar.

Lori said...

Wow she definitely is a great cheerleader - getting up at 4 am!!

katy said...

No running, coffee drinking, yes! Liz, that pic is so disgusting. GET IT OFF

Michael Joseph Sharp said...

My hat is off, Liz. 13 miles? Wow.